1st iZ LaZt - The Daevellation Suite
The Daevellation Suite
Run time 61:24
- this is actually the last of four exclusively MIDI/synth albums that I composed in 2000-2001. I decided it was time to re-do these with real guitars and bass, better drums, and far superior symphonic sounds. Stylistically, it is a return to my "less metal" music, yet with almost no guitar solos, except for the final song.
- It is a symphonic ensemble record, focusing more on the mood and atmosphere of the music in general, rather than on heavy riffs or solos. My intent was to create a movie for the mind, a soundtrack for an imaginary movie. I would even say that it was heavily inspired by Miles Davis' "Aura" album, which featured a fusion of symphonic orchestra, jazz and rock elements.
- This new vision of my old music also contains some cover songs, both obvious and not so obvious, by Beethoven, Frank Zappa, Devo, Michael Jackson, Billy Idol, and bands Nerfherder and Darling Violetta.
- The songs titles are slightly revised and modified anagrams of "Daevellation".
All music performed by Dimaension X. All music except for song 10, and sections of songs 4, 6, and 9 composed by Dimaension X, and licensed under Creative Commons.
10. by Frank Zappa (copyright by Zappa Family Trust)
4. sections by Darling Violetta, and Nerfherder
6. sections by Devo, Michael Jackson
8. piano section by Beethoven
Recorded and produced by Dave Lanciani at Studio Diabolica Della Cucina, Leominster, MA.